The Immortals -MT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smithy Guide

Go down

Smithy Guide Empty Smithy Guide

Post  Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:21 am

Very first thing you should know about your Smithy. The ONLY reason to raise its level is related to also being able to raise the level of your Armory. The level of the smithy has ZERO affect on your ability to forge or upgrade your equipment. That is all handled by the blue and red stones.

Ok so with that out of the way here is some stuff I got out of the forums and put in one place for you...

~ BENEFITS of smithing ~

• Each time an item of equipment is successfully upgraded when Forging, each attribute of the item (such as ''Aggression'', ''Courage'' and ''Strategy'') will increase by 1 - but as a piece of equipment becomes higher in grade, its attributes begin to increase by more than 1 (eg. green equipment, whose attributes increase by 2 for each grade after 5), improving a Legend's characteristics when they wear the equipment.

• When jewels are mounted on an item of equipment, bonuses are added to the equipment, which give advantages in battle. Each jewel has a distinct advantage, which can be viewed by looking at the jewel's description in the shop.

~ DANGERS of smithing ~

• If a Forging attempt fails on an item of equipment lower than Grade 8, the equipment's grade will be reduced to 0, and any Bluestones or Redstones used in attempting to improve the equipment will be lost.

• If a Forging attempt fails on an item of equipment Grade 8 or higher, the piece of equipment will be destroyed, and any Bluestones or Redstones used in attempting to improve the equipment will be lost.

• If an Enhancement attempt fails on an item of equipment, the jewel used (Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby) will be lost.

As with the benefits of smithing, knowing the possible losses and dangers of smithing is also important, to minimise the resources and items you lose following a smithing attempt which may fail.

~ MAXIMISING SUCCESS RATES in smithing ~

Only one restone is required for first 3 upgrades then I think you need two etc etc but I may be a bit wrong on this but what i do know is that you can use 1 for the first 3 upgrades with almost 100% success.

I would recommend trying to get equipment to level 4 before going any further; upgrading armour past this level can be expensive and it is much more likely to fail than in the first few levels. After level 4, always use Redstones as Bluestones have no effect, and make use of the emerald items which increase damage by 10% rather than 5% - these give a higher bonus to your Legends' soldiers.

- Use greater number of Bluestones and Redstones; these increase the overall success rate for improving equipment.

- In higher-level Forging, use mainly Redstones, as these contribute to the success rate more than Bluestones.

- Use Ore Rune and Metal Rune items to limit damage to equipment if a Forging attempt fails, and protect equipment of higher grades (both the Ore Rune and Metal Rune items can be purchased in the shop for 10 JCredits).

In order to increase the chances of success when ENHANCING:

- Make sure that you use the Gem Rune and Jewel Rune items, which ensure success when mounting gemstones on equipment, and protect jewels in the event of a failed Enhancement attempt (both the Gem Rune and Jewel Rune items can be purchased in the shop for 10 JCredits each).

a) Emeralds can only be mounted on armour which is level 4+.

b) Sapphires can only be mounted on armour which is level 7+.

c) Rubies can only be mounted on armour which is level 10.

Here is a conversation between a few players that might be relevant for you...

A nice guide. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I found that builing a level 5 smithy and armoury, and then downgrading the smithy an excellent way to get a free plot. In my 3 cities, I only have one smithy as, to be honest, you only need one.

Downgrading a Smithy once you have an Armoury of at least level 5 is a good idea at the moment, but I wouldn't recommend doing so, because the Smithy or Armoury might have more functions in future (of course, I don't know if they will, but they might), in which case if you have downgraded your Smithy so you no longer have one in your city, you may lose out in future, if the Smithy does receive more in-game functions.

In addition, you can only have one Smithy in any city (if you try to build on a new plot of land after a Smithy has been built, it will no longer appear in the list of buildings which you are able to construct), but I would definitely recommend having one in every city, as they allow Armouries to be built, which enable you to recruit higher-level soldiers (see post 7).

Of course, downgrading the Smithy may be useful in the short-term, if you need the plot of land urgently for another use (eg. if you need a Garrison because your alliance is at war, and you are being attacked).

They both have uses at higher lvls but only in famous cities which require higher lvl armoury for the master/skilled/expert troops

Back to top Go down