The Immortals -MT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Guide a la Ri Levi

Go down

Game Guide a la Ri Levi Empty Game Guide a la Ri Levi

Post  Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:32 am

So where to begin? Well the majority of you have already played on other servers, and so are already aware of the various aspects of the game, so instead of telling you what to do from day one, im just going to show you how i play the game, something that doesn't necessarily make it right, but it worked for me and kept me rank one until i had stopped grinding.

If there is anything that i miss, feel free to comment and ill add extra bits here and there. Otherwise, sit back, adjust your glasses, get a pillow and maybe a cup of tea, and drift off whilst i ramble on for several pages.

The Inner City - setup

I personally have found that your Capital and Sub-city setups will always differ. I think the most important thing to mention is that your Capital for the majority of the game will serve as the launch base for your Army, as your main legend CANNOT leave your Capital. Because of this, i prefer to have the majority of my Garrisons centered in my Capital. I would recommend having 4 garrisons, and 1 of each other building, excluding your Ally Base. Other than that, the rest of the slots should be dedicated to villages. Below is an image of my Capital's setup (NB. I have only 3 garrisons as i sacrificed a spot for my Ally Base)

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img51/6113/wolcapital.png

Your Sub Cities should be as useless as possible in the eyes of your opponent. You often will abandon Subs for Famous Cities or during war when you wish to steal your opponents subs and abandon them. With this in mind, the Inner City setup for my subs is generally focussed on maximizing Gold earnings, and minimizing the capacity to build troops. Below is an image of my first Sub city

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img35/116/wolsub.png

Its entirely up to you how you wish to build up your cities, but i have found that the setup i currently use allows for maximum gold earning through tax and prevents, in the event of a capture, my enemy making full use of my Sub as a source of military strength.

The Outer City - setup

Due to the mechanics of the game, the best way to maximize your resource production is to specialize in a resource in each of your cities. Your wildlands boost your production by a percentage base, and by stacking multiple wildlands on a specialized resource, you are able to max out production rates at over 300k/hour. This means that hitting other players for resources is no longer an issue, and you can focus your time on grinding your legends up ready to take the all important Famous Cities.

Your Main legend is limited to your capital, and so you realistically want the majority of your army to be centered here as well. Because of this, its extremely important to specialize your capital in Food. This allows for much bigger armys, and also allows you to keep troops idle, as later on you will need stores of idle troops for taking on each floor of an SP, or conquering an FC.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img189/2373/wolfood.png

I would recommend that you then focus your first Sub-city on wood production, as this is the first major commodity that you will need from an early stage for producing archers. Later on when you reach State Minister and take a second Sub-city, you can then specialize in Copper for quick Chariot production. The other bonus that you get from running your cities this way is that you don't stand to lose troops from invading other cities on the hunt for resources, so your Garrisons are not as jam packed with troops being queued up for Conscription. Once you have maxed out your resource fields, you can produce enough resources per hour to build 1000 archers each hour, which is the same as sustaining 4 level 20 garrisons building archers 24/7 with level 20 conscription researched. Thus your farming days are over!

Legends - What to do with them

You ideally want to aim to have 5 legends that you use for grinding on Wildlands. Later on you will expand that number further, but a strong team of 5 is all you need to be a military power that makes enemies quake with fear. I personally recommend using either 3 Warriors and 2 Seers, or 2 Warriors and 3 Seers, using the setup of:

Warrior = Archers

Warrior = Archers

Warrior = Halberdiers

Seer = Chariots

Seer = Chariots

Or

Warrior = Archers

Warrior = Archers

Seer = Halberdiers

Seer = Chariots

Seer = Chariots

This provides you with a strong fighting force against other players, and is also the recommended setup for taking on FCs, as you use your Halberdiers to lower the numbers of Chariots you face against a main legend.

Your Governor's generally should be monk's as their Mag skill has a boosting effect on your resource production. Governors level up over time, so just be patient with them, but feel free to experiement with other types of troop as your Governor, and see if you can work out the changes you get from switching between them.

Other legends should be used in your wildlands. As previously mentioned you will be occupying wildlands to maximise your resource production, but you also want to station Legends in your Wildlands to conduct Explores and Searches every hour. Once you have two Sub-Cities, you are looking at 20+ wildlands being occupied, which means that in a day you can conduct 240 1 hour searches, and a further 20 12 hour searches over night. The same goes for explores, and of course the number increases with the number of wildlands that you own (or decreases). You can pick up a large number of items that are important for advancing, such as Heaven Boxes, Siderite Boxes, Meteors, and other things that are otherwise hard to come by. You also stand to pick up the Legacy Scrolls, which start you on new Legends quests and at the end give you a Legend with 35-39 Ab.

I personally find it easy to rename my legends based on what their role is, so any Legend that spends its life sat in a wildland exploring for me is aptly renamed "Wildland". Its important to micromanage, as it makes things easier for you once you are at a larger scale.

Archers - Why they are your best friend

Archers are without question the most powerful troop in the game. On paper, their statistics are laughable in comparison to Charioteers, who are stronger and faster, with a stronger defense. However archers benefit from "First Strike". In this, during a battle, archers will be gifted a free round at the start to deal damage on the enemy at 50% their normal strength. This means that if you were to knock out the opposing force in the first hit, you would stand to lose 0 troops. It is this system that has made grinding so quick and easy for players, otherwise rebuilding troops would be the name of the game!

So taking the above concept and putting it into practice is quite simple, you just need to send enough archers to wipe out all of the troops. During a battle, in the bottom right of the screen is an information box that lists what is going on. Here you can see the amount of damage being done by your legends and their troops. Using the Alliance Items (Crg and Str Bonus/Boost) you can maximize the amount of damage dealt, and using Armour such as Full Feral also increases the damage dealt. You want to aim to be hitting the highest level wildlands you possibly can as this not only increases the amount of Rep that you receive during training, but also increases the speed at which your legends will level up. There is already a thread on the forums that has a full list of the amount of damage you need to deal on each type of troop at each level of wildland. Take advantage of this to work out what you should aim to be hitting, and have fun grinding!

Armour Upgrades - and just about armour in general

Armour is very difficult to come by in this game. It could take you a month to pick up full Feral from Bronze Box drops, or a day to find full Jade. Either way, Armour is incredibly important. It boosts your legends stats, and allows you to deal more damage! By far the most useful is of course Full Feral, which when acquired will boost the attack of your archers during their "First Strike" by 10%. You are able to upgrade your armour in the Smithy, and at level 4 and 8 you can attach gems that have other effects that further boost your army's strength.

To upgrade your armour, you will need Bluestones and Redstones, which are easily found on a day to day basis, if not from the Trigram that seems to forever taunt you with its glittery spinning wheels and promise of a Jewel Box. Ill let you work out the best ratios for upgrading your armour at each level, but i would recommend that you keep your armour upgraded, as it is essential later on in the game.

The Trigram, Gold, and Taxation

Gold does become important at times. If you consider your expenses, something that sadly is never fun, you can see that on a day to day basis you can seriously plow through your savings quite quickly. Your legends sadly charge you Gold to send them on their way to wildlands, Alliance Items can get costly, and the Trigram happily takes 100k gold off you each day to see pretty Bluestones and Redstones land in your inventory. Because of this, its important to "earn" your way in the world.

Taxation is the first and most obvious way of bringing in the pennys. There are two methods recommended for maximizing income from Tax:

1) Setting tax at 100% and pacifying via Prayer when your loyalty hits 85

2) Setting tax at 100%, wait till your loyalty hits 70, then revert back to 10% until your tax reaches 90, and then repeat.

I personally use option 2, as i have found it earns more, and i just cant allow myself to waste gold on Pacify when i am in fact trying to acquire gold, it just feels to much like '1 step forward and 2 steps back'.

The other option is of course to stick a balaclava on, and go next door and steal some. If you use the Resource Specialization method that is discussed above, you will find yourself no longer needing 40k Halberdiers constantly farming to bring your resources in, so instead you can put your Halberdiers to good use stealing other peoples Gold. This wipes out any cash flow problems you have altogether!

The Trigram is the WOL equivilent of a slot machine. Sadly even the most primitive of slot machines however, will still take your money and give you nothing decent in return. However it is still strongly recommended that you make use of your 20 daily spins, as at times Bluestones and Redstones run out, and hey you never know, you may just get lucky and get a Lrg Cache

Defnding against attacks - eeek scawy

After much deliberation, and after pissing off enough people to get attacked enough times to learn the in's and out's of defending, I can happily say that defending against an attack is childs play. If you find yourself suddenly under attack, on a small scale, simply set 5 random and rather useless legends to defend with 1 archer each (making sure to check off the Auto Refill icon), and give each of those legends a weapon, preferably one that has the effect of decreasing your opponents army by 5-10%. Then when the attack arrives, make use of the weapons, and the end result should be that you lose 5 archers, and they lose 200+. This generally has the effect of stopping your opponent from returning, as they feel rather embarassed that they just got mugged!!

However in the event that you are under heavy attack, its important to know which attacks to defend and which to ignore. Because of this, its ESSENTIAL that you keep your watchtower as high as possible. Once you have established who is attacking you, find their legends in the highscores and see if they are stronger or weaker. If they are stronger, don't defend, as your just wasting troops on a lost cause. If they are weaker, defend, as you slow down the attacks and are able to keep your loyalty at a high level through Pacifying.

Of course if you are under attack, the first thing you should do is message your assigned Officer, as he or she will then call in the Fire Brigade and such. But generally, defending attacks is best mastered through trial and error, so start annoying your neighbours so they are kind enough to attack you and let you work it out for yourself!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That pretty much covers the basics. By the time you are ready to hit SP's and conquer FC's, your handle on the game should be enough to deal with them yourself. And i don't want to ruin aspects of the game that you will meet at later stages. However if you have any questions, just send them to my inbox and ill get back to you as and when i can

Cheers for wasting your time reading this very long guide!

Back to top Go down

Game Guide a la Ri Levi Empty Very Nice !

Post  Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Very Nice Guide,,,Thnx Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool Cool Cool Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Game Guide a la Ri Levi Empty Re: Game Guide a la Ri Levi

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 11:07 pm

the defending bit needs a bit of adjusting whether or not some1s r stronger that urs u can defeat them. defence is all abt finding their weakness. Aslong as u can see wat there sending u can place ur legends to in order to counter act theres. this is a lil harder if there online but just be 1 step ahead if they send chars chars halbs archer achers u put halb, halb. archers chars ,chars. Ur first legend defeats there so there thinking he has halbs so i will put out archer so u put ur chars out an so on.

Back to top Go down

Game Guide a la Ri Levi Empty Re: Game Guide a la Ri Levi

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down